It's a GO!
Today, Inga was disturbed, so she called Dr T's office. The nurse wanted her to go to the hospital for a checkup, since the 4th is coming up and Dr T is off duty. With her being on the Heparin shots, we have to make sure that she doesn't unexpectedly go into labor.
We arrived at the hospital labor and delivery department about 5:00 PM. We checked in, and went to the Triag area. Dr T arrived around 6:30 PM. He looked at Inga, did his inspection, and told her "Well, you're going to be a mom!" He decided that, since the baby was a good size, she was 38 weeks, she is dilated to a 2, and we were here - let's do this!
So, now we are in the Labor room. She is hooked up to all kinds of monitors and machines, and the IV is pumping Oxytosin into her.
We are really excited! I am finding sleep a near impossibilty. We have several different family members coming in - Joan from Shreveport (my cousin), Craig, Kim, and Jessica (my brother, wife and daughter), Grandma (Karen), Nana (Inga's mom), and unknown (Inga's dad), and Greta (Inga's sister). The only one we'll be missing, of course, is Dad, but I am sure he is grinning ear to ear right now.
Dr T expects Little Barak to arrive by no later than 3 PM Friday, July 3. We will do our best to post information here and/or on Facebook!
Keep us in your prayers - besides the usual pains and stuff with delivery, we are all dealing with a big bag of mixed emotions right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I assume you have your laptop at the hospital? Surely you didn't take time to update the blog before making a mad dash...
ReplyDeleteWe're all excited - remember that I've already called first dibs (after all the immediate family) on rocking him! Don't you let Joan get her hands on him before I do!
Seriously, we will be in prayer that all goes well...I can't prove it scripturally, but I believe your Dad has all of Heaven awake with his shouting!
Love to all,
Deb