We took him again to the pediatrician today. They are watching his Billirubin count, and today it had gone from a 10 to a 19 from Monday. 20 is the serious level. We have the little BilliBed - a light box they lay on that does whatever these lights do. He needs to stay in it as much as possible, which is kind of hard when Mommy and Daddy want to hold him all the time!
Tomorrow (Thursday) I return to work. I am dreading that. Tonight I took Raleigh and Asher for a 20 minute walk, and just being away that short amount of time was bad - I am not looking forward to 10 hours!
Greta bought us an audio/video monitor to watch him while he is in the crib. The portable viewing unit has an output on it, and last night I plugged it into the 25" TV in our room. That was pretty fun! We watched him squirm and wiggle until we finally fell asleep. How in the world did our parents raise us without the aid of technology?
I got a comical voice mail from Brandon (my cousin) last night. He and I play an old board game called Stock Market. We have developed a way to play this over the phone (we have to trust each other a lot!). He left a message wondering where his Stock Market partner went. Well, Brandon, that partner is busy trying to catch 1 1/2 hour naps! Check back in, oh, 2 years?
We are digging this parenthood thing (at least until the teen years). Can't believe Joan didn't try to talk me into it earlier! (hehe)
Keep his jaundice situation in your prayers, and if you can sneak Inga and me in there as well, we would appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment