
Keltan turned 1 week at 18:11:39! We had a huge celebration. Yes, indeed we did! He slept on my lap as I also slept and Inga looked up something on the internet. Party animals! I talked to Inga about renting a bounce house, but we couldn't come to agreement on that or her suggestion of a big ball pool. So, we slept.
Keltan continues to fight with Jaundice. He has been sleeping (haha) on a billilight, and not digging it. Inga and Aunt Greta took him to the pediatrician today, and his levels had fallen from 19 to 14.8, so we are making progress! His skin does look better.
Aunt Glo, Uncle Ed, Aunt Doris, and Sharla (Sha-Sha) came over yesterday. You know, if I had known that, in order to have Aunt Glo and Aunt Doris do my dishes, all I had to do was have a baby, I might have done that a few years ago! Uncle Ed had cooked some chicken, Aunt Glo brought purple hull peas (mmmmmmm), made cornbread and tater salad, and Aunt Doris bought a cake from the freezer section at Wal-Mart (coincidently, it is the same section that Aunt Glo purchases her pie crusts). We had dinner and passed the baby around - quite the fun little gathering! Aunt Glo brought a quilt that she finished for Keltan. Turns out, Mom started it after Inga and I were engaged in anticipation of having a grandchild. She knew she couldn't finish it, so she had Aunt Glo keep it and finish it for us. It has become the morning-in-the-recliner blanket. It is nice to have something for him that my mom made.
Aunt Greta came down to help Inga today. Momma was able to get a little bit of sleep as a result. YAY! Meanwhile, I got to spend lunch with my son - I was working in Terrell today (a rare treat). I ate lunch at home and spent time with Keltan and Inga. Again, YAY!
And another YAY! Grandma is coming down Sunday evening. This will be a big help because Keltan has another pediatrician appointment at 8:20 Monday morning, and Inga has a neurologist appointment at 10:45. We had been trying to figure out how this was going to be accomplished. Plus, we have been wanting Karen to be able to spend some time with Kelt.
Alright, that is enough idle chat I guess. Keep us all in your prayers.
Oh, and to right a wrong - Aunt Doris hand-made the cake. No boxed mix even! And supposedly Aunt Glo does not use frozen pie crusts - I'm watching to catch her slip up and get busted. :-)
And you wonder why it has been so long since I have made you a chocolate pie!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you all. I won't bring tater salad on the next visit. If you repent strongly enough I might. . . well, don't wanna commit to anything. We'll just have to see.