Keltan is crazy about Christmas lights (actually, he is crazy about lights)! Everywhere we go, he talks about "look at that light!", so, tonight we loaded him and the dogs in the Jeep and went looking at Christmas lights around town. Normally, I would not have been too impressed with Terrell's array of lights, but with a very enthusiastic 2-1/2 year old in the back seat, every display of lights looked like the top tier of professionals hung them. Santa was saying HI, Mickey and Minnie Mouse were around, the penguins were singing, snowmens were everywhere, and the blue lights were beautiful! Every corner brought more lights and more excited chatter from the back seat. Every poorly hung rope light display was a cool new invention, exciting the senses beyond containment. We ended up driving down many more streets than I had originally planned, all just to hear the wonderment of a kid who has come to notice the lights of this Christmas season for the first time in his life.
In other news, Keltan had a small surgery yesterday to repair a hernia. We arrived at the hospital at 6 AM, and were home by 10 AM. He was sleepy, but otherwise no problems. Towards the end of the night, however, he started walking like an old man because he was sore. At one point, he was laid back in a chair, and when I walked back into the room, he was saying, "help me, help me." I asked him what he needed help with, and he told me he couldn't get up. Guess his little ab muscles were sore. On the lighter side, however, he was (is) fascinated with his black belly button (the doctor made an incision in his button to put his scope into). He was thrilled to show his little buddies Trey and Gage this morning when I took him to Mrs Margie's! He is doing very well today, and should recover quite nicely.
We are looking forward to Christmas this year! He gets so excited about things, and I can only imagine how excited he will be to have all those gifts to open!
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment