It is interesting how the things we said and/or did as a child will come out in our own children. One of Dad's favorite memories from my childhood was when we would "rastle" and I would charge at him, whereupon he would falk over and I would loudly proclaim, "I knocked you down!". Without any prompting, Keltan does the same thing. He loves to knock Daddy down, (And anyone else that is willing to play along) and then excitedly holler out that he has knocked you down.
One of the things we do that we both enjoy (Keltan and Daddy) is to go to Braum's for ice cream. He loves the ice cream (ok, I admit I might like it, too), and I live how the people in there - both customers and workers - make comments about him and flirt with him. So, the other day I decided to take him to Whataburger for breakfast. Whataburger has quite the senior citizen crowd, so I was looking forward to all the hoopla they would make over my awesome son. Well, aside from the lady at the register, not one single person made a comment or even winked at him! I was highly insulted, and have decided I am not at all in favor of the Whataburger crowd. In fact, I have decided I am so not impressed with their patronage, I will no longer bestow my gift of money upon their establishment, at least not until they get some new regulars. The nerve of those folk!
No comments:
Post a Comment