Tonight, I taught Keltan how to do a headlock maneuver. What a great time he had putting Daddy into a headlock and knocking him down! It is so much fun to "rastle" with him - he certainly loves the rough housing! It has pretty much become a routine when I get home in the evenings for us to go to his room where he proceeds to whoop upon poor ole Daddy. Which brings back awesome memories of wrestling with Dad when Craig and I were little and I enjoyed "knocking Daddy down." In fact, that was one of Dad's favorite things to remind me of, and Keltan now says it the exact same way I did when I was little. Funny, since I never once said those words to Keltan.
He also has discovered the fun of helping Mommy cook. He loves putting things in order or straight lines, and the other day she was putting pears into a breakfast dish. He was having a great time putting them in, and placing them in just the right spot. Of course, he snuck a few bites of the yummy crust every so often...I thoroughly enjoy watching him work with Mommy. This, too, brings back incredible memories of my childhood where I enjoyed doing things with Mom.
Another one of his favorite songs is "My Hope is Built on Nothing Less". It was rather surprising that he started liking that tune, as it is not particularly a kids' song, but it is ok with us.
In the not-so-fun category, Keltan has an appointment Tuesday morning (December 6) to have his hernia repaired. It is supposed to be a quick in-n-out procedure, but we are still nervous. Again, I am always so terrified when it comes to someone being "put under." But, hopefully everything will be ok, and this problem will be solved.
To leave with high spirits - Keltan likes to blame things on trains. (Used to be tractor) Ask him how he got hurt, and he will tell you "train knock my off railroad track." "Train knock Mommy off railroad track", and on and on it goes. The other night, he had me talk to the train because it kept knocking things off the railroad track. So, I had to call it on my phone and discuss the issue. Hopefully I cleared things up and the train will settle down...
Friday, December 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment