Inga was gone last night (Thursday), so Keltan and I had a "boys' night out." We went to Braum's, where he loudly told the young man at the counter, "Gween I'cweem," translated to mean "I want some lime sherbet." Instead of them giving him the junior size, however, he got a full-bore scoop of green ice cream, and ate every bit of it! At some point in the process, he crawled out of the bench, and onto the floor underneath the table. I told him to get up, and as he was struggling to get up on the bench, I pulled him up. That was not what he wanted, and he told me, "No, no, My want to do it!" So, the next time he ended up down there, I let "my" do it all by himself.
I did not want to put myself through the torture of him going and STAYING in bed without Mommy home, so I just let him sleep in my bed with me. At about 9:15, we crawled in, and I turned on the last 12 minutes of "Coach." As I was chuckling at the show, Keltan looked at me, with his covers tucked up under his chin, and his little fists holding it up there, said "People funny." Yes, Keltan, they are...
At 3:37 AM, I awoke to a loud "THUD" and then "WAAAAAAAAAAA"....Keltan had fallen off the bed. Not sure how a kid that is barely 3' tall can manage to use enough of a king size mattress that he falls off, but he did! I picked him up, and he promptly went back to sleep with no further issues.
Inga and I are working on finding Keltan a brother. We have decided to adopt through the state foster program. We had our 2nd and 3rd home study finished Wednesday, and they will come out sometime in October to "certify" the house, and hopefully the home study stuff will be finished. At that point, we will be waiting for Keltan's new brother. Every night when we have Keltan say his prayers, we pray for Keltan's "new brufver." Not sure he understands yet, but it is sure fun to hear him say brother!
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment