Sunday, April 24, 2011

Well, in one sudden adjustment, Keltan is out of his crib and into a "big boy bed."  After he made his grand escape from the crib, I made it into a daybed, and we put a twin mattress on the floor in his room.  I tried to put him down to sleep in his newly remodeled crib, but he wanted nothing to do with that.  Instead, he likes to sleep in the twin bed.  Si, that is where we put him.
Last night was a successful night, nightmare-wise.  He got up about 2 hours after going to bed, and Inga brought him to me in the reclined, where we both slept for a bit.  I took him to his room, and he slept ALL NIGHT in his own bed!  This is the first time since his surgery, and we were so thankful.  Maybe it had to do with the new prayer I helped him say where we asked Jesus to help him not be scared.  
He is so much a daddy's boy lately.  If I am around, he will hardly let Inga do anything with him.  He just refuses and wants Daddy to do it.  Of course, Daddy eats this up, while poor Mommy has to wait for Daddy to be at work for some Keltan time.  I keep telling her it will change soon...
Tonight, while taking a bath, he kept pointing at things and asking "what this."  I had fun explaining the difference between a towel (we dry with it), and a wash cloth (we scrubby scrub with it).  And he discovered all the screws that hold the bathroom together, and showed me every one of them.  
The little guy is an absolute pleasure to be a daddy to, and I hope and pray it gets even better.  

Jeff Dickson


No comments:

Post a Comment