What should have been an enjoyable, routine night was anything but on this Thursday night. As of late, the routine is me playing basketball at the church, and Inga having a hen party bible study, and Keltan gets to play with Mrs Margie a little while longer. Tonight, as we were about to ramp up a 2nd game of hoops, I turn to see Mommy bringing the Kman into the gym. I thought it was a "Hello Daddy" thing, but quickly I discovered it wasn't. The little guy was broken out head to toe in a rash, or maybe small hives. The index finger on his right hand was swollen, and it was obvious something had either bitten or stung him there. We decided to take him to an emergency room, and upon recommendations, used the new facility in Sunnyvale, just a few miles West of us.
We checked in about 7:15 or so, and the nurse took Keltan's vitals. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Up to this point, he had been acting a little lethargic. As we waited, that began to wear off. Pretty soon, we were up and down the hall, asking for Grandpa (Inga's grandpa is in the hospital in OKC, and he had been there to see him). Soon after, we were outside looking at flowers and stars and airplanes and walking around naming all the various vehicles in the parking lot. Time moved on, and we didn't.
Finally, as Inga and Keltan were on a journey looking for Grandpa, the girl across from me in waiting room said she had been there since 6 PM, and it was now 8:30 PM. Not good...then, after they returned, Keltan and I went outside again. It was then I observed an ambulance coming in, and I knew our wait just got longer. His rash was receding, and he was acting normal, so we made the decision to leave about 9 PM. He is now in bed, and seemingly fine. We will call the pediatrician in the morning to see if he needs to go see her.
Emergency rooms - so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You scared me!! Glad he seems to be okay now.
ReplyDelete