Well, we walked right up through the middle of the BBQ pit, with all the wonderful smokey smells. I was all mouth-watering and slobbering everywhere, only to find out they don't sell the BBQ there - they only cook it for the contest. Bummer. But, wait...what is that I hear? A man on the P.A. system announcing they need more BBQ judges? Ah, I am an expert on eating BBQ, so I headed that way. When I arrived, I found out that I did not have time - Craig was coming to town, and I had to pick him up at 3 in Dallas, and the actual ribs and brisket judging wouldn't start until 1:30. So, I was once again bummed, and settled for helping the Boy Scouts with their fundraising by eating their catfish plate. Not bad, could have used some more spice - cayenne pepper, creole seasoning, something like that would have been grand - but, for a $5.00 catfish plate, I will drown it in ketchup and enjoy!
So, you say, what does this have to do with Keltan? Surely he is somewhere in all this, since this is his blog...well, glad you asked...
You see, I was excited about taking Keltan to the carnival. He is crazy about slides and swings, loves animals, and just generally loves having fun. What better place to have a great time than some kiddy carnival rides? I couldn't wait to get him to the carousel, with all the horses, giraffes, monkeys....so I bought us both tickets, because the sign said adults riding with their children must have tickets. Turns out I didn't need one, but, oh well. I could just use that extra one when Keltan had so much fun he couldn't stand to leave the ride.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Keltan cried the whole ride. He refused to sit on the horse once it started going up and down. He clung to me like a tick on a fat hound. He screamed for Mommy. Yes, my dear friends, Daddy was disappointed to find that his son didn't want to be on the carnival rides. I think I felt my heart fall into my shoe at some point. At least I wasn't alone - as we were leaving, another couple was having the same experience. Misery loves company, so I mentioned to the mother that our son did the same thing. I like to think I made her feel better....
I gave the other ticket to a family that had a son that looked like he couldn't wait to get to the rides. Maybe next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment