Saturday, October 23, 2010

Jibber Jabber

Keltan is absolutely the cutest sweetest smartest baby in the world!  Just thought I would throw that out there....


Since he was just a few weeks old, he has been intrigued with Baby Einstein films.  We started showing him the sign language DVD (Baby's First Signs), where they show baby, daddy, mommy, milk, drink, eat, more, and other simple sign language words.  We had gotten him to do "more", or at least a version of it, but he never seemed too interested in any others.  Then, Wednesday night, as we were all sitting in the den (Grandma was here then, too), he started doing his version of the sign for "baby" and started saying it!  It was pretty much one of the cutest things ever seen, but, of course, once we turned on the video camera, he was done.  Since then, we have gotten him to do "eat" and a version of "daddy".  


We got him a sandbox a couple weeks ago.  I will say this - he is definitely the stereotypical boy.  He loves loves loves dirt!  At first, he was a little skeptical of the sand in the box, but now he loves it.  He has learned to remove the top by himself (now we need to get him to replace the top), and he loves to scatter the sand all over the yard.  As if I didn't already have a sandy enough soil!  


Keltan had his first real experience in the life of an LSU fan a couple weeks ago.  In their game against Tennessee, Daddy was getting frustrated.  For anyone not keeping up with college ball, LSU is clearly a better team than Tennessee, but were playing horribly, and were allowing the Volunteers to hang around instead of getting the score out of reach.  Well, Tennessee had the lead, and the Tigers were going down the field to try to score to win.  I was quite anxious, and was telling the coach, Les Miles, what he should be doing and telling him what I thought of his coaching skills at that point.  Poor Keltan made the mistake of handing me a book right about the time that LSU was near the goal line, with 24 seconds left, and they decided to start subbing in some players.  So, Keltan is expecting me to read the book, I'm yelling at Les Miles, the clock is running down, and with mere seconds left, LSU fumbled the ball and lost it!  The game was over, and at that point, frustrated Daddy jumped out of the chair, "gently" tossed the book on the ground, and in my quietest whisper, was telling Les what I thought of him and what he could be doing next season.  Somehow, my quiet  whispers scared poor Keltan, and he could not understand why Daddy was so upset with him.  I had to explain that he was introduced to being an LSU fan, and it was his lot in life to have strenuous moments on Saturdays in the fall.  I think he understood, because he quit fussing....


Speaking of books, the kid is crazy about books!  He is always bringing a book to us to read, and sometimes we catch him in his room reading the books himself.  


You know, I really enjoy this daddy gig.

1 comment:

  1. And you knew I would grab the bait and go with it!! Can we just alter that statement to say that he is certainly one of the uppermost cutest and smartest babies in the world? Love you.

    ReplyDelete