Keltan is, as of yesterday, 2 months old. Today he is officially 9 weeks old. What an incredible ride this has been! Watching him walk around, carrying his algebra book that he is writing, wow.......oh, wait, I shouldn't be bragging like that. Some may feel their child is deficient if I keep talking about that. ;-)
Inga returned to work Wednesday. That was emotional day for both of us. The only time we had left Keltan with someone was for short periods and with family. She dropped him off at Mrs Margie's house Wednesday morning and went to the office. I certainly missed being able to call her and hear him in the background, which made for a longer day. She tried to keep very busy so she wouldn't think about it. Needless to say, we were very glad to get home o our Kman! Everything was fine, but we sure missed him! I'm glad she will only be going into the office 2 days/week.
Today is Friday. Inga, Keltan, and I will be going to Oklahoma (Shawnee) this weekend. I get off work early today, and we will drive to Sherman, Texas this afternoon. I have a football game to work tonight in Sadler, Texas (20 miles due west of Sherman). On the way, we will listen to the Dave Ramsey Show. I get excited about Friday shows because it is "debt free Friday", where folks call and write in to give their testimony about paying off all their debts. The thought came to my mind that this is the first time Keltan will be listening to the show. Then the thought came to my mind - I hope he never gets to experience getting out of debt. Don't get me wrong - it has been one of the most satisfying events in our lives. We are brought nearly to tears when we remember where we were, see where we are now, and when we hear callers sharing their experiences. (Let me pause here to encourage anyone that is burdened with debt to consider having a Total Money Makeover - you will never regret paying off your debts! But if you do, it's easy to get that way again.). I hope Keltan never experiences this feeling because I hope he never makes the mistakes we made. In fact, that is part of my daily prayer for him - not just financially, but spiritually and in life in general. So, today will be special. Mommy and Daddy will be rejoicing in the fact that we have been freed from the prison, while we, at the same time know that we are equipped to guide Keltan in staying out of that prison altogether.
By the way - this is our first trip with the little guy. Going to Nana's house! Grandma will be coming over Saturday and hopefully Uncle Craig and family will make it. Wonder how the Kman will do on the trip?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We were in Tulsa Sunday night and Monday. Kim showed me the cute pics she had on the camera of Keltan. Cannot believe how he has grown. He looks so alert and so, so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI rejoice with you in your being debt-free. Having a debt-laden life can ruin any marriage, I believe, and can also deprive people of a satisfying Christian life. Congrats to you and Inga for the hard work. I know you feel it was worth every bit of effort. Love you, (All three of you) Aunt Glo