Every meal we eat together, we say grace. Keltan has started to mimic it, by making a whispering noise while we pray, then he follows it with "sh-amen." So, this week, I have been working with Keltan at bedtime to say a prayer. I got "Dear Jesus" the first night, then "no no no no", followed by "sh-amen." Now, where that extra sound comes from, I do not know, but it is there every time he says it. The next couple nights I got him to say "Dear Jesus keep...no no no no...sh-amen." Couldn't get him to go any further with it, but it was really cute, and I loved it. I figured Jesus liked it, too...
Well, tonight, Mommy left the room, but we called her back in there. I wanted to show her our progress. We started with "Dear Jesus" then moved to "keep me" then "safe" and finally "tonight", followed by "sh-amen." That's right! We made an entire prayer! Mommy and Daddy were beaming with pride!
I like to think that Grandmommy and Granddaddy were right there smiling with big bright smiles at their little grandson saying his first prayer!
Oh, then we proceeded to blow kisses to Grandma, Grampy, Nana, and Ms Margie.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment