Monday, June 14, 2010

Closer....

I had to do a little work in the backyard today, so I asked Inga to bring Keltan outside with us. She was sitting on the ground with him, and I soon joined them when my work was done. He did the usual - using Mommy and Daddy as human jungle gyms, pulling grass, and laughing at the dogs as they wrestled$. Then it happened. He was sitting in the grass by himself, and I guess he decided he didn't want to sit anymore, so he tried to stand. BOOM! On the tush he fell. Undeterred, he attempted it again. With a little shakiness and wavering - SUCCESS! He stood totally by himself for the first time. He stood for a good 10 seconds before he fell on his bum again. But, this was the first time he had stood totally on his own.
But then another thing happened. He was holding onto my hands, and I was sitting about 4' from Inga. He started walking towards her, holding onto my hands, the he let go and took about 3 steps alone to finish the journey! That's right - his first steps!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

  1. Such an image of our own faltering steps, as the Lord stands ever near us, protecting us with His presence. Children are an incredible blessing...you, Inga and your precious little one are always in our prayers! Love y'all!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're gonna get your workouts keeping up with that sweet little fella.

    ReplyDelete