Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just some musings...

Today, the Kman wore his first suit. As you can see, he made the suit look GOOD! I gotta tell ya - the little guy got more phone numbers in an hour than his daddy got in a LIFETIME! Those womens were all over him! (who can blame them?).
He woke up in an INCREDIBLE mood today. He is mostly a very pleasant baby, but when he woke up this morning, instead of crying to get some food, he was laughing and squealing - just having a great time. Eventually, however, he was ready for breakfast, and let us know about it. All day he has been just laughing and cutting up. As I type this, he is in his car (walker) playing with his toys and talking to anyone within a 500 yard radius.
Yesterday (Saturday), we took him on his first walk. I took the dogs, and Inga pushed him in his little stroller. We never realized how the sidewalks in this town are in such horrible shape. I mean, we knew somewhat, but we mostly walk the dogs in the street as opposed to the sidewalk, so we didn't pay a whole lot of attention. But, when you are trying to push a stroller on the sidewalk - UGH. We need a 4X4 stroller. Perhaps that is why Babies R Us carries the Jeep line of strollers and joggers? (Anyone from the City of Terrell Street Department or Engineering department reading this??)
I can't describe how blessed we feel to have this little man. Every time I hold him, I thank God that He has given us this wonderful gift. He brings more joy to our lives than we could have ever imagined. Having Keltan has changed our lives, but we are so happy and thankful for the changes. We were talking the other night how we were totally unprepared for the extent of the changes. We had prepared for some changes - less time to ourselves, less sleep, a change in priorities, but the depth of these changes is absolutely amazing. I was trying to explain it to a friend who is in talks with his wife about kids (or is she demanding of him?), and words failed me. I finally figured out why parents will say that you can not know the changes that happen when you have a child. Now I can say that....

No comments:

Post a Comment