Wednesday, June 24, 2009

15 Days and Counting!



July 9 is 15 days away - almost inside of 2 weeks to go! We are getting pretty nervous and excited about the ever-closer arrival of Little Barak (Keltan for you that don't like his soon-to-be name).


We have been working hard to make sure the room is all ready - it is, thanks to Greta and Grandma. Inga's mom and grandma decided to pitch in and pay for a cleaning service to completly dust and mop and everything else that I ain't doing, and they are set up to come in the morning (Thursday). Of course, I am not seeing the purpose - with our not-so-tight house and a very busy road out front, the floors and furniture and everything else will be covered with dust again before the cleaning ladies leave.....oh, well....


Uncle Craig, Aunt Kim, and Cousin J are coming down this weekend, and hopefully Grandma will be along as well. So, I mowed grandma's yard today. The guest house is all ready for guests!


Inga is still pretty swollen - if I painted her orange she could be a Cheese Puff, or if I put black stripes on her, I could call her Spalding and maybe shoot some hoops.... It is quite entertaining to watch her attempt to remove herself from a restaurant booth, the bed, the couch - just about anywhere. For some reason, she doesn't get quite the entertainment I do. I guess she just doesn't know how to find humor (excuse me while I dodge a shoe - she can still throw with those puffy little hands!).


She has been busy finding daycare, and hopefully will get busy finding a pediatrician. We found a lady in our church who does daycare here in Terrell, and we will probably go with that option.


On a more solemn note, Fathers' Day got me to really thinking about fatherhood, more so than I have. Of course, since Dad's death, I have really been thinking about it a lot! Anyway, I'm seeing more and more how important it is for a kid to have a father that will be there, will teach him/her a lot of stuff about life, and about believing in God. I'm not 100% sure I'm up to the task, but I guess I'm gonna have to give it all I have - not much option now! Anyway, I hope and pray I can be at least 1/2 the father my dad was to Craig and me...

We should have a more definite on D-day after Monday. That is Inga's next appointment where the Dr will do a very extensive checkout - baby vitals, momma vitals. We are hoping to be able to have the kid on July 2, but so far we haven't convinced him to induce that early. But, we'll see.....
Till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Barry sent me the link to your blog. Love the name, Keltan!! Maybe sometime we can all get together. I would love to meet Inga. Can't wait to see your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed looking at your pictures and had to smile about your descriptive writing. :) Yes, we will be remembering you all in our prayers. We are excited for you.

    Oh, and I like the "real" name!!

    Love,
    DeLoris and Randel

    ReplyDelete